[xsd-users] Mpeg-7 schema support? Problem:

Mattis Fjallstrom mattis at sonic.net
Tue Nov 7 22:14:07 EST 2006

Hi all,

I've browsed the mailing list archives looking for a similar problem to
mine, but I've come up empty handed. So I write to see if someone on the
list has got a clue...

I have several documents in Mpeg-7 format that I would like to be able to
parse and perform data binding on. I'd like to create C++ objects based on
the schema for Mpeg-7 (found here:
http://m7itb.nist.gov/M7Validation.html), then marshall the Mpeg-7
data-files into C++ objects. I've done similar things in Java before,
using Castor.

However, I stumble on the very first step.

---

bash:~/downloads/Mpeg-7 Schema Files$ xsd cxx-tree Mpeg7-2001.xsd
:0:0: error: Complex type 'ShotEditingTemporalDecompositionType' violates
the Unique Particle Attribution rule in its components
'CompositionTransition' and 'CompositionTransition'

---

So ... two questions, I guess - has anyone made XSD parse Mpeg-7 schemas?
And second, does anyone know what this error really means?

Thanks in advance,

Mattis