[xsd-users] Re: Building examples with Visual Studio 2005

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed May 24 05:14:33 EDT 2006

Hi Franklin,

Cheung,  Yeung Franklin <fcheung at kns.com> writes:

>  I do remember the zip was decompressed and the directory
> xerces-c-2.7-i686-windows-vc-8.0-rtti was created and is still there with
> full content. I don't have 7.1 zip file nor the directory. So I am supposed
> to have been using the correct version. Besides I have only Visual Studio
> 2005 on my laptop. So what really happens now?

Hm, that's strange. Can you verify that the proper DLL is loading? For
this, hit F5 (Start Debugging) in the IDE, then, after closing the dialog
box with the error message, look in to the Output window at the bottom.
There you will see a list of all DLLs that were loaded. Check that the
correct xerces-c_2_7D.dll is loaded. For example, my output has the
following line:

'hello.exe': Loaded 'C:\projects\xerces-c-2.7.0-i686-windows-vc-8.0-rtti\lib\xerces-c_2_7D.dll', Symbols loaded.