[xsd-users] Problem building Hello example using Visual Studio 2003 .NET

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed May 17 07:52:44 EDT 2006

Hi,

Johnstun, Cliff-p98697 <Clifford.Johnstun at gdc4s.com> writes:

> Using Visual Studio 2003 .Net IDE, I tried to compile the Hello example
> and get the following error:
>
> xsd hello.xsd
> Microsoft (R) Xml Schemas/DataTypes support utility
> [Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, Version 1.1.4322.573]
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2002. All rights reserved.
> Error: invalid command line argument: 'cxx-parser'.
> If you would like more help, please type "xsd /?".
> Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "xsd
> hello.xsd"

I think I know what the problem is. Try to do the following:

  In the Visual C++ IDE, select "Tools"/"Options"/"Projects"/"VC++
  Directories".

  Then, in the "Show directories for" field, select "Executable files"
  and create a new entry with the value "C:\projects\xsd-x.y.z\bin".
  Make sure it is the first line in the list of directories (use the
  "Up" button to move the new entry up, if necessary).

Please let me know if this works.