[xsd-users] Re: Building examples with Visual Studio 2005

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed May 17 03:52:46 EDT 2006

Hi Franklin,

Cheung,  Yeung Franklin <fcheung at kns.com> writes:

> Thanks for the advice, Boris. I have been able to rebuild the hello example
> in .NET 2005 with 1 error report.
> Do you have any suggestion to fix the issue?
>
> xsd hello.xsd
> Microsoft (R) Xml Schemas/DataTypes support utility
> [Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, Version 2.0.50727.42]
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
> Error: invalid command line argument: 'cxx-tree'.
> If you would like more help, please type "xsd /?".
> Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "xsd hello.xsd"

This error indicates that the IDE is invoking Microsoft's XSD tool instead
of ours. The cause of this is either that you didn't set the PATH environment
variable (Section 2.b of the README file) or haven't restarted the Visual
Studio IDE after changing the PATH (Section 3 of the README file). Can you
make sure you've done both steps and try again? If you are still having
problems please let me know.

>  After opening the project file, .NET 2005 asked me to update the original
> format, which may cause some trouble.

No, we've tested this and it didn't cause any problems.