[xsd-users] Possible XSD v1.8.0 bugs.

Ken Ng ken.ng at martoneradiotech.com
Mon Jan 30 13:38:23 EST 2006

Hi there, I'm new to XML, XML schemas, and XSD for that matter.  It
seems to me that XSD version 1.8.0 produces *.cxx code that causes the
provided sample source named "library" to be non-executable producing
the error message:

driver library.xml
expected element 'http://www.codesynthesis.com/library#catalog' instead
of 'http://www.codesynthesis.com/library#lib:catalog'
make: *** [run] Error 1

Apparently, XSD version 1.8.0 produces code that is missing the "lib:"
namespace in the following functions:

::std::auto_ptr< ::library::_xsd_catalog::type >
  catalog (::xercesc::DOMDocument const& d,
           ::xsd::cxx::tree::flags f,
           ::xsd::cxx::tree::properties< char > const&),

void
  catalog (::xercesc::DOMDocument& d,
           ::library::_xsd_catalog::type const& s,
           ::xsd::cxx::tree::flags)

I'm not sure whether the other static functions require this too.

In addition to the possible "lib:" namespace bug, it seems that XSD
v1.8.0 generates "optional_functor" objects instead of the expected
"one_functor" objects for the elements that are DEEPLY nested inside the
"choice" XML tag.  I'm not sure if this is intentional.  If this is
intentional, I apologize for bringing this up.

Thanks,
Ken