[xsd-users] Evaluating xsd for HP-UX

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jan 20 04:19:35 EST 2006

David,

David.Wood at alltel.com <David.Wood at alltel.com> writes:

> The web site states that xsd generates platform-independent C++ code.
> To what standard does the generated code comply (ANSI ...)?

To ISO/ANSI C++ (ISO/IEC 14882:1998).

> Since the generated code is platform-independent, I assume that I can
> generate the code on a Windows and Solaris OS, but actually compile
> and link the code on an HP-UX.  Is this assumption correct?

That's correct.

> Is there anyone on this list that is using xsd generated code on an
> HP-UX 11 server and compiled with the aCC compiler,

I tried to compile xsd examples with aCC A.06.05. I got quite a few
warnings about std::auto_ptr and some errors about unresolved names.
The errors seem to be due to the following construct

void f ()
{
  using namespace N;
  f ();  // f is in N
}

but I haven't tried to pin-point exactly what's causing them. They can
be easily worked around thought (at the expense of code readability).
Also the latest version of the compiler (A.06.06) might have this fixed.

> Would like to get an HP-UX 11 binary.

I will try to build you one early next week.