[xsd-users] xsd 1.8.0 released
boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jan 17 03:44:17 EST 2006
We've released xsd 1.8.0. The NEWS file entries for this version
are as follows:
* Moved to the build 0.2 series.
* Support for default and fixed values in attributes. An optional
attribute with a default or fixed value is mapped to the One
cardinality class instead of the Optional cardinality class.
* Mapping for base64Binary and hexBinary has improved. Now these
types support a basic buffer abstraction and perform automatic
encoding and decoding.
* Internal names are protected. We've noticed (via bug reports) a
wide use of internal names (name that start with _xsd_) in user
code. This is not portable and instead you should use public
names. To prevent this from happening in the future we've made
all internal names protected.
* Support for Expat as the underlying XML parser in addition to
Xerces-C++. This allows one to use the C++/Parser mapping in
memory-constrained environments such as embedded systems. To
select Expat instead of Xerces-C++ (default) add
'--xml-parser expat' to the command line. At the moment only
'char' (UTF-8) is supported as the base character type when
Expat is selected.
* The invalid_instance exception has been renamed to parsing.
* Generic error_handler interface has been added in addition
to Xerces-C++-specific DOMErrorHandler. It allows you to
handle parsing errors and warnings without having to deal
with Xerces-C++ specifics.
* The default error handling behavior has changed in parsing
functions. Instead of printing errors and warnings to STDERR,
the errors are now collected and thrown as part of the parsing
* In parsing functions, the name, namespace arguments order has
been reversed to be consistent with the one used in parsing
With this version we also added support for the following C++ compilers:
* Sun C++ 5.8 (Studio 11)
* Microsoft Visual C++ 8 (Visual Studio 2005)
Precompiled binary distributions for various platforms are available
from the product's web page:
Source code for this release is available from the project's web page:
SHA1 checksums for the files:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 652 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-users/attachments/20060117/86329090/attachment.pgp
More information about the xsd-users