[xsd-users] Parsing the Collada 1.3.1 XSD

mark_barnes at playstation.sony.com mark_barnes at playstation.sony.com
Tue Jan 3 14:23:53 EST 2006

On Sat Dec 3 16:41:46 EST 2005, Boris wrote:
> After fixing this bug I could compile the schema though there was
> one more problem. Here is the relevant fragment (line 870):
>
> <xs:element name="mesh">
>   <xs:complexType>
>     <xs:sequence>
>       <xs:element ref="source" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
>       <xs:element ref="vertices" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
>       <xs:element ref="source" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

>     </xs:sequence>
>
> As you can see, there are two definitions of the 'source' element.
> I am not sure if this is intentional or a typo.

It was intentional... in order to tighten the schema a little bit in that minor release while remaining compatible with existing documents.

> BTW, the schema uses a lot of anonymous types and is
> heavily recursive so to avoid code bloat I used --morph-anonymous

Are you suggesting that there are some improvements to the schema that could be made to make it easier for tools to parse it and generate code? I'm interested to hear your feedback on this.

Regards,
Marcus

--
Mark Barnes
COLLADA Project Lead, tel:+1.650.655.7342