[xsd-users] Defining key and key ref

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sun Feb 26 09:09:14 EST 2006

Eyal,

Carmi, Eyal (Eyal) <carmi at avaya.com> writes:

> Strange, Are you aware of a bug in XMLSpy (I'm using it as my
> editor/validate) that may cause this problem? (It shows that the XML is
> valid...)

I haven't personally used XMLSpy but I constantly hear people complaining
(especially on the schema-dev mailing list) that in many areas XMLSpy does
not conform to the XML Schema specification.

You may also find the NIST online XML Schema and instance validator useful:

http://www.mel.nist.gov/msid/validation/

It validates your schema and/or instance using a bunch of different
validating parsers.