[xsd-users] Defining key and key ref

Carmi, Eyal (Eyal) carmi at avaya.com
Sun Feb 26 03:50:47 EST 2006

Hi,

I have the following schema:

<xs:schema>

<xs:element name="MyFilters">

                              <xs:complexType>

                                             <xs:sequence>

                                                            <xs:element
name="Filter" type="FilterType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="4"/>

                                             </xs:sequence>

                              </xs:complexType>

                              <xs:key name="FilterKey">

                                             <xs:selector
xpath="Filter"/>

                                             <xs:field xpath="@pKey"/>

                              </xs:key>

               </xs:element>

               <xs:complexType name="FilterType">

                              <xs:sequence>

                                             <xs:element name="data1"
type="xs:integer"/>

                                             <xs:element name="data2"
type="xs:integer" minOccurs="0"/>

                              </xs:sequence>

                              <xs:attribute name="pKey"
type="FilterKeyType"/>

               </xs:complexType>

</xs:schema>

Where I tried to define 'pKey' attribute as a key, when I created the
following file:

<MyFilters>

            <Filter pKey="A">

                        <data1>-0</data1>

                        <data2>-0</data2>

            </Filter>

            <Filter pKey="A">

                        <data1>-0</data1>

                        <data2>-0</data2>

            </Filter>

</MyFilters>

It validates even though the pKey 'A' appears twice... I also tried
defining 'pKey' as an element (instead of attribute) but the results are
the same.

I anyone manages to solve the problem I would appreciate an example of
how to define a keyref based on this key.

Thanks,

Eyal Carmi