[xsd-users] xsd port to Borland C++

Si Mohammed KHABBAZ skhabbaz at noos.fr
Tue Feb 21 05:56:22 EST 2006

Hi,
I'm trying to compile xsd 1.9.0 under "Borland C++ 5.6.4". I had some
compilers internal errors at the begining (mainly due to templates) that
I came over. Until now I succeded to build xsd's parser examples and I'm
fighting with the tree examples. Basically, I have still one problem
with construction like this :
(here a snap from "library.hxx" generated by xsd)

class person : public ::xsd::cxx::tree::type
  {
    public:

    struct _xsd_person
    {
      typedef ::xsd::cxx::tree::type base_;
      typedef ::xsd::cxx::tree::type member_;
      typedef ::xsd::cxx::tree::traits< base_ > traits_;
    };

    // name
    //
    protected:
    struct _xsd_name
    {
      typedef ::xml_schema::string type_;
      typedef ::xsd::cxx::tree::traits< type_ > traits_;
    };

    public:
    struct name
    {
      typedef _xsd_name::type_ type;
    };

    name::type const&
    name () const;
};

The compiler does not recognize the other "name" methods when the
"struct name" is defined. As a workaround I renamed the "struct name"
into "struct _name" but afterwords I had to replace all the occurences
of the old "name::" scope. Actually, I'm planning to use xsd with a
large xsd schema and it's important that I do not have to rewrite the
generated code.
My question is : "Is there anything I can do (command line, work over
the xsd schema, etc.) so the generated code comes with the workarount
that I used ?"

I will looking forward to your reponse.

Thanks in advance