[xsd-users] Data validation

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Feb 6 05:25:35 EST 2006

David,

Moss, David R (SELEX Comms) (UK Christchurch) <david.r.moss at selex-comm.com> writes:

> - Built-in types (as you mention)
> - Facet restrictions (especially length, minLength, maxLength,
> minInclusive, 	maxInclusive, minExclusive, maxExclusive, enumeration
> and pattern)

Ok.

> - all

This is part of the structure, along with choice, sequence, etc.

> - unique

For this we will first need to add mapping for xsd:unique, xsd:key,
and xsd:keyref. This is also on our todo list, we just haven't figured
out what's the best way to represent these constructs in C++.

> - union

At the moment unions are mapped to strings so we will need to implement
proper union mapping before we can do any validation. The good news is
that once we can validate all elements that can constitute a union we
shouldn't have any problems implementing this (modulo coming up with
natural C++ mapping, of course).

> - extension (of user defined types)

This is already enforced by static typing of the mapping.

> Keep up the good work!

Thanks, will do ;-) I will keep this list in mind.