[xsd-users] ##any type problems

Bradley Beddoes beddoes at intient.com
Wed Dec 20 07:01:19 EST 2006

Hi,

> I assume you mean the exact same foo (ns/type etc) element here, I would
> actually expect the above to return true, from an instance document is
> it ever important if the element is meant to map to the explict
> definition or the any statement in the schema? probably not... all you
> want to know is that it is there for consumption in your app.

Forget that its late here and I have been writing code for about 16
hours now I should have thought about what I was saying for 2 seconds
longer before posting, naturally with a sequence its going to matter.

>>> The JAXB bindings generator actually creates a member variable of type
>>> org.w3c.dom.Element which you can see in the attached source code.
>>
>> I think you forgot to attach the code. Hopefully the example with
>> XMLBeans will help you check whether JAXB can handle this properly.
>> If it does, then it would be interesting to know how.
>>

> Not sure what is going on with my mail client lately it seems to be
> broken with attachments at times, anyways assuming this attachment works
> you can see how the ArtifactResponse and StatusResponseTypes are
> generated. I would have to test how your case above would work out but
> my theory is that JAXB would always unmarshall an instance document with
> a single "foo" element as being the value of set/get foo (as it should),
> with subsequent foo elements which are substituted for ##any being
> stored at as set/get any

Likewise this, I would need to actually do the test with for example an
instance document that had the elements bar and foo defined in that
order to see what results it gave, I will give that a go tomorrow
morning when I wake up and let you know.

Bradley

--
Bradley Beddoes
Lead Software Architect