[xsd-users] MatMLschema supported?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sat Dec 2 15:37:58 EST 2006

Hi Paul,

Paul McGrath <Paul.McGrath at BellshireTechnologies.com> writes:

> Has anyone had success with MatML schema the xml for material property data?
> http://www.matml.org/

I just tried the compile MatML schema and everything works fine. I created
a small test application (below) which read in the data, dumps it to the
terminal and saves the object model back to XML. I tried it on the examples
I got from the website and everything works fine (note that I had to change

http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance

since that's the correct URI and also the third example contains invalid
characters for UTF-8).

I tried it on both GNU/Linux with GCC 4.1.1 and Windows with VC++ 7.1. For
the test below I used the following command line to compile the schema:

xsd cxx-tree --generate-ostream --generate-serialization matml31.xsd

You can also use the --morph-anonymous option if you would like to name
a few anonymous types found in the schema.

#include <memory>
#include <fstream>
#include <iostream>

#include "matml31.hxx"

using namespace std;

int
main (int argc, char* argv[])
{
  if (argc != 2)
  {
    cerr << "usage: " << argv[0] << " <xml-file>" << endl;
    return 1;
  }

  try
  {
    auto_ptr<MatML_Doc::type> doc (MatML_Doc (argv[1]));

    cout << *doc << endl;

    ofstream ofs ("out.xml");
    xml_schema::namespace_infomap map;
    map[""].schema = "matml31.xsd";