[xsd-users] Re: description of the bug while running library example of the" w3c xml constructs to the c++" software

Mohit.Hasija at relianceinfo.com Mohit.Hasija at relianceinfo.com
Fri Dec 30 07:04:45 EST 2005

dear Mr. Boris,
below is the trace which shows the compiler version in use for compilation.

-->also the makefile which has been provided in every folder does not work.
     it gives an 'unexpected end of line seen" error. at line no.2
-->please do reply the arguments need to be passed while generating xsd
file.

bash-2.05$ /opt/sunstd11/SUNWspro/bin/CC -V
CC: Sun C++ 5.8 2005/10/13
bash-2.05$ /opt/sunstd11/SUNWspro/bin/CC -I../../../../libxsd *.cxx
driver.cxx:
hello.cxx:
"hello.cxx", line 114: Error: Formal argument x of type const
xsd::cxx::tree::string_template<char>& in call to
std::vector<xsd::cxx::tree::string_template<char> >::push_back(const
xsd::cxx::tree::string_template<char>&) is being passed
std::auto_ptr<xsd::cxx::tree::string_template<char>>.
1 Error(s) detected.

thanks
mohit

                      Boris Kolpackov
                      <boris at codesynthe        To:       Mohit.Hasija at relianceinfo.com
                      sis.com>                 cc:       xsd-users at codesynthesis.com
                                               Subject:  Re: description of the bug  while running library example of  the"
                      12/30/2005 02:06             w3c xml constructs to the  c++" software
                      PM                 Importance: Normal  Sender's OU: Reliance |------------------|
                                                                                   | [ ] Confidential |
                                                                                   |------------------|

Hi,

Could you please CC the xsd-users mailing list to your replies; this way
other will be able to benefit from the information.

Mohit.Hasija at relianceinfo.com <Mohit.Hasija at relianceinfo.com> writes:

> we have updated the solaris version to 5.8.

Did you upgrade the OS (Solaris) or the compiler? You need to upgrade
the compiler to version 5.8 (Studio 11). Can you double check what
gets printed when you execute CC -V?

> then we compiled the code whose traces are as below:

I did the same steps using Sun C++ 5.8 and everything works fine:

$ ../../../../bin/xsd cxx-tree --generate-inline --generate-ostream
--generate-serialization hello.xsd

$ /opt/studio11/SUNWspro/bin/CC -V
CC: Sun C++ 5.8 2005/10/13

$ /opt/studio11/SUNWspro/bin/CC -I../../../../libxsd
-I/build/boris/xerces-c-src_2_6_0/include -c *.cxx
driver.cxx:
hello.cxx:

$

I think you are still using an older version of the compiler.