[xsd-users] Problem using cygwin bash shell

Arlo arlo.borras at dryade.net
Thu Aug 25 02:34:55 EDT 2005

Hi Boris,

Just to be more precise, i've done the foljlowing things.
Download and unzip the 2 binary in C:\tmp
Launch cygwin bash shell, then

Arlo at Gaston ~

$ cd /cygdrive/c/tmp/

Arlo at Gaston /cygdrive/c/tmp

$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/cygdrive/c/tmp/xerces-c-2.6.0-i686-windows-vc-7.1-rtti/lib

Arlo at Gaston /cygdrive/c/tmp

$ xsd-1.1.0-i686-windows/bin/xsd.exe --version

XML Schema Definition Compiler 1.1.0

Copyright (C) 2005 Code Synthesis Tools CC

warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESSFOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Arlo at Gaston /cygdrive/c/tmp

$ xsd-1.1.0-i686-windows/bin/xsd.exe help css-tree

unknown command 'css-tree'

try 'c:\tmp\xsd-1.1.0-i686-windows\bin\xsd.exe help' for the list of commands

Arlo at Gaston /cygdrive/c/tmp

$ xsd-1.1.0-i686-windows/bin/xsd.exe help cxx-tree

Usage: c:\tmp\xsd-1.1.0-i686-windows\bin\xsd.exe cxx-tree [options] file

  --char-type <type>          Generate code using provided character type

                              instead of the default 'char' Valid values are

                              'char' and 'wchar_t'.

  --output-dir <dir>          Write generated files to <dir> instead of current

                              directory.

  --generate-serialization    Generate serialization functions. They convert an

                              in-memory representation back to XML.

  --generate-ostream          Generate ostream insertion operators.

  --namespace-regex <regex>   Add provided regular expression to the list of

                              regular expressions used to translate XML Schema

                              namespace names to C++ namespace names. The first

                              successful substitution is used. The last provided

                              expression is considered first. Expression is a

                              perl-like regex in the form /pattern/replacement/.

  --include-with-brackets     Use angle brackets (<>) instead of quotes ("") in

                              generated #include directives for included and

                              imported schema definitions.

  --include-prefix <prefix>   Add <prefix> to generated #include directive paths

                              for included and imported schema definitions.

  --hxx-suffix <suffix>       Use <suffix> instead of the default '.hxx' to

                              construct the name of the header file.

  --ixx-suffix <suffix>       Use <suffix> instead of the default '.ixx' to

                              construct the name of the inline file.

  --cxx-suffix <suffix>       Use <suffix> instead of the default '.cxx' to

                              construct the name of the source file.

  --hxx-regex <regex>         Use <regex> to construct the name of the header

                              file. Expression is a perl regex in the form

                              /pattern/replacement/.

  --ixx-regex <regex>         Use <regex> to construct the name of the inline

                              file. Expression is a perl regex in the form

                              /pattern/replacement/.

  --cxx-regex <regex>         Use <regex> to construct the name of the source

                              file. Expression is a perl regex in the form

                              /pattern/replacement/.

  --hxx-prologue <text>       Insert <text> at the beginning of the header file.

  --ixx-prologue <text>       Insert <text> at the beginning of the inline file.

  --cxx-prologue <text>       Insert <text> at the beginning of the source file.

  --prologue <text>           Insert <text> at the beginning of each generated

                              file for which there is no file-specific prologue.

  --hxx-epilogue <text>       Insert <text> at the end of the header file.

  --ixx-epilogue <text>       Insert <text> at the end of the inline file.

  --cxx-epilogue <text>       Insert <text> at the end of the source file.

  --epilogue <text>           Insert <text> at the end of each generated file

                              for which there is no file-specific epilogue.

  --hxx-prologue-file <file>  Insert the content of the <file> at the beginning

                              of the header file.

  --ixx-prologue-file <file>  Insert the content of the <file> at the beginning

                              of the inline file.

  --cxx-prologue-file <file>  Insert the content of the <file> at the beginning

                              of the source file.

  --prologue-file <file>      Insert the content of the <file> at the beginning

                              of each generated file for which there is no file-

                              specific prologue file.

  --hxx-epilogue-file <file>  Insert the content of the <file> at the end of

                              the header file.

  --ixx-epilogue-file <file>  Insert the content of the <file> at the end of

                              the inline file.

  --cxx-epilogue-file <file>  Insert the content of the <file> at the end of

                              the source file.

  --epilogue-file <file>      Insert the content of the <file> at the end of

                              each generated file for which there is no file-

                              specific epilogue file.

  --export-symbol <symbol>    Export symbol for Win32 DLL export/import control.

  --show-sloc                 Show the number of generated physical source lines

                              of code (SLOC).

Arlo at Gaston /cygdrive/c/tmp

$ xsd-1.1.0-i686-windows/bin/xsd.exe cxx-tree hello.xsd

Arlo at Gaston /cygdrive/c/tmp

$

I think i've forgotten something important (setting PATH or something
else) for execute this program on my XP-SP2.

Arlo