[xsd-announcements] Xerces-C++ 3.1.0 released
boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Feb 2 07:20:23 EST 2010
Xerces-C++ 3.1.0 was released yesterday. This version contains a
number of new features, performance improvements and a large number
of bug fixes, especially in the XML Schema spec conformance area,
* Support for handling multiple XML Schema import declarations with
the same target namespace.
* Support for configuration of the parser buffer low water mark.
* DOMLSParser::parseWithContext implementation.
* Improved XML Schema performance and reduced memory footprint when
validating with large maxOccurs values. If available, the SSE2
instructions are used to further speedup this case.
* Improved scalability of the XML Schema identity checking (key,
keyref, and unique).
* More robust external library detection (libcurl and ICU).
* Compilation of the ICU message loader resources no longer depends
on the ICU implementation details.
For a more detailed list of changes see the official announcement:
I have also written a blog post that describes some of the new
features in greater detail:
This release has been tested on all major platforms and comes with
precompiled libraries (total 16) for various CPU architectures,
operating systems, and C++ compilers. You can download them along
with the source distributions from the Xerces-C++ Download page:
The Xerces-C++ 3.1.0 release has also been successfully tested with
More information about the xsd-announcements