[xsd-announcements] XSD 2.3.1.b2 released
boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Dec 5 06:15:46 EST 2006
We have released 2.3.1.b2 which is the second beta and a release candidate
for the upcoming 2.3.1 maintenance release. The NEWS file entries so far
are as follows:
* The compiler is now capable of translating multiple schemas in one
* New option, --sloc-limit, allows one to limit the amount of the
* New option, --proprietary-license, instructs the compiler not to
include the GPL banner in each generated file. Instead a short
notice about a required proprietary license is generated. You
should not use this option unless you have obtained a proprietary
license from Code Synthesis Tools CC.
* The --parts option has been improved to split generated code more
evenly by analyzing the complexity of the generated schema constructs.
* Optimizations for the run-time memory consumption.
* Optimizations for space in the generated code.
* Number of bug fixes.
* Proper handling of an xsd:any nested content. Nested elements,
attributes, and text are reported via _any_* hooks of the current
* Number of bug fixes, mostly in the generated validation code.
In addition, this release adds support for Intel C++ 9.1 on GNU/Linux
and Windows as well as IBM XL C++ 7.0 and 8.0 on GNU/Linux and AIX. A
precompiled binary for AIX is coming soon.
Thanks to the following individuals for reporting bugs as well as
suggesting fixes and improvements:
Patrick Shinpaugh <shpatric at vt.edu>
Harish Prasad <harish_tak at yahoo.com>
Eric Hasan <shasan at mitre.org>
Precompiled binary distributions are available from the product's
Source code for this release is available from the project's web page:
SHA1 checksums for the files:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 652 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-announcements/attachments/20061205/a0015c5a/attachment.pgp
More information about the xsd-announcements