[odb-users] ODB 2.5.0-b.27 release candidate published

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jun 25 04:41:42 EDT 2024

We have published ODB 2.5.0-b.27 to cppget.org which we are treating as
a release candidate. If there are no major issues, we aim to release
2.5.0 final in a few months.

Note that this version contains quite a few fixes compared to the previous
2.5.0-b.25 version, so please test it for any regressions. In particular,
we had to add declarations of explicit template instantiations in the
generated code in order to make recent Clang versions happy.

Other noteworthy changes and developments:

* Support for GCC 14.

* We have reorganized the ODB git repositories by merging (with
  history) individual repositories into one:

  https://git.codesynthesis.com/cgit/odb/odb/tree/

* We have ported ODB tests and examples to build2.

* We now have complete CI coverage for all five databases, Qt5/Qt6/Boost
  profiles, and single/multi-database modes across all the major platforms
  and compilers. In total, all these combinations produce almost a
  thousand distinct build configurations.

Note that the tests/examples are currently not published to cppget.org
due to a backwards-compatibility bug in build2 0.16.0. But they will
be published before or during the 2.5.0 release.

Also note that due to the above-mentioned bug in build2, we strongly
recommend that you upgrade from 0.16.0 (or earlier) to the latest
build2 0.17.0. In particular, if you continue using 0.16.0, you may
not be able to consume packages from cppget.org in the near future.
For details, see:

https://build2.org/release/0.17.0.xhtml

To install or upgrade to ODB 2.5.0-b.27 see the installation instructions:

https://codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/install-build2.xhtml

A note to Mac OS users: ODB with Homebrew GCC 14 appears to work correctly.