[odb-users] Cannot generate classes with gcc compiler 8 and above

roberto minarelli roberto.minarelli.de at gmail.com
Fri May 12 09:56:24 EDT 2023

Hi again Boris,
I follow the recommendation that you addressed me in the last mail, but the
fact is that when I try to install libod-oracle I alway got always an error
message

Following are the steps I have done

Step 1)
bpkg create -d libodb-gcc-8 cc  \
  config.cxx=g++                  \
  config.cc.coptions=-O3          \
  config.install.root=/usr/local  \
  config.install.sudo=sudo

it installed the libod correctly but for libodb-oracle I got this error
[root at vrplbears02 libodb-gcc-8]# bpkg build libodb-oracle
libodb-oracle-2.5.0-b.23.tar.gz
 100%[==========================================================================>]
 87.25K  --.-KB/s    in 0.05s
fetched libodb-oracle/2.5.0-b.23
unpacked libodb-oracle/2.5.0-b.23
error: unable to import target liboci%lib{clntsh}
  info: use config.import.liboci configuration variable to specify its
project out_root
error: unable to import target liboci%lib{clntsh}
  info: use config.import.liboci configuration variable to specify its
project out_root
info: while configuring libodb-oracle

Step 2)
I clean the installation made before and try as suggested by the hint given
above

bpkg create -d libodb-gcc-8 cc  \
  config.cxx=g++                  \
  config.cc.coptions=-O3          \
  config.install.root=/usr/local  \
  config.install.sudo=sudo \
  config.import.liboci=$ORACLE_HOME

again I got an error message

  bpkg build libodb-oracle
libodb-oracle-2.5.0-b.23.tar.gz
 100%[==========================================================================>]
 87.25K  --.-KB/s    in 0.05s
fetched libodb-oracle/2.5.0-b.23
unpacked libodb-oracle/2.5.0-b.23
libodb-oracle-2.5.0-b.23/odb/oracle/buildfile:9:21: error: unable to
determine src_root for imported liboci
  info: consider configuring $ORACLE_HOME

I really don't know what is wrong in my approach
Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Roberto Minarelli Della Valle