[odb-users] cannot compile object view

roberto minarelli roberto.minarelli.de at gmail.com
Thu May 4 09:55:32 EDT 2023

Dear odb-users,

when compiling file that contains definition of an object view I always
obtain this error

version odb 2.4.0

error: view type data member cannot be designated as an object id

I used the following cmd line

odb -I/usr/local/lib/libodb -d oracle --generate-query provaView.h

the pseudocode inside the file is as follows

#pragma db view table("Table1") table("Table2")

struct Tab1_Tab2

{

        unsigned long tab1Field;

        unsigned short tab2Field;

#pragma db id column(Table1::key) type("VARCHAR2(40)")

        std::string tab1_tab2_key;

};

Files Tab?-odb.?xx have been regurarly generated.

Could you please give me an advice on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Roberto Minarelli Delli Della Valle