[odb-users] Error: auto_ptr is not a member of 'std'

Steve Chester stvchester at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 01:45:19 EDT 2022

Hello,

I am testing out the ODB using the libodb vcpkg, however I'm running into
an issue when I go to compile my project in visual studio 2022.  I am
specifying my C++ version as C++20 and am running into errors stating that
auto_ptr is not a member of std.  Looking at the documentation for
std::auto_ptr, it looks like it was removed in C++17.  I'm assuming it is a
configuration issue on my part, however I could not find anything online.
Is there a preprocessor definition I can define to replace the auto_ptr
with either shared_ptr or unique_ptr?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

-Steve Chester