[odb-users] Integrating ODB into an automake project

Ali Sherief ali at notatether.com
Sun Jan 16 08:53:05 EST 2022

Hi,

I have wrote a fairly large project which utilizes ODB. There are about a dozen or so files that need to be preprocessed with the ODB compiler before the results can be compiled with the rest of the project.

My project's build system is a standard ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make process. I am wondering at which stage of the build process I should place the ODB compilation commands. My gut feeling tells me in the ./autogen.sh script is the most logical place, but then again, I would like it to be compiled alongside the rest of the files during the `make` process.

Kind Regards,
Ali Sherief
notatether.com