[odb-users] undefined reference link error when use odm.dll

Alessandro Catania alcatania at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 12:43:44 EDT 2021

Hi Boris,
Code is complex and made by several hands .

>  Are these the pure virtual or the empty from your description above?
in file .hxx destructor is defined pure virtual
class BaseClass {
     virtual ~BaseClass() =0
}

// baseclass extends BaseClass
DerivedClass:: public BaseClass {

in file baseclass.cpp BaseClass destructor is implemented as:
BaseClass::~BaseClass(){};

I found in code that use orm.dll a strange use like this:

    typedef odb::query<DerivedClass>  queryD;
    typedef odb::result<DerivedClass> resultD;

    resultD res (db->query<DerivedClass> (queryD::id="blabla"));
    for (resultD::iterator i(res.begin()); i!=res.end(); ++i)  {
        DerivedClass p; // this cause undefined reference
BaseClass::~BaseClass() error
        i.load(p);            // why don't use iterator i directly instead
of load in p and use p??