[odb-users] ODB 2.5.0-b.21 Failing Test

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Dec 8 06:31:00 EST 2021

Brian E. Coggins <becoggins at hotmail.com> writes:

> I’m trying to set up ODB on a new M1 Mac running Monterey 12.0.1,
> Xcode 13.1, and Homebrew GCC 11. Build2 built fine, and ODB compiled
> fine, but the test fails as follows:
>
> [...]
>
> Any ideas?  Seeing those clang errors makes me think ODB is trying
> to invoke g++ (clang) instead of g++-11?

Yes, it looks like the ODB buildfile thinks for some reason that you
are cross-compiling and thus uses just 'g++' for the GCC driver.

To shed some light on what's going on here could you perform the
following test and send the output of the last two commands:

mdkir /tmp/test
cd test /tmp/test

cat <<EOF >buildfile
using cxx
print "'\$cxx.signature'"
print "'\$build.host' '\$build.host.cpu' '\$build.host.system'"
print "'\$cxx.target' '\$cxx.target.cpu' '\$cxx.target.system'"
EOF

b config.cxx=g++-11
b config.cxx=clang++