[odb-users] RE: bad value ('/dev/null') for '-mtune=' switch

Javier Gutierrez javier.gutierrez at web.de
Mon Mar 23 15:12:11 EDT 2020

> I think the best way to fix this is to build the 2.5.0 pre-release form
source as
> described in this page:
>
> https://codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/install-build2.xhtml
>
> This way you will have the ODB compiler using your system-installed GCC.

I guess I had to upgrade sooner or later. I followed the instructions and I
built and installed version 2.5.0 successfully. I only had and error "2002
(HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock" when running my unit tests. But I fixed it by tweaking the
mysql configuration.

Thanks a lot.