[odb-users] Support for ODB on QNX

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Aug 21 00:14:51 EDT 2020

Juan Pablo Samper <jp.samper at apex.ai> writes:

> It required patching libcrypto and libmysqlclient to account for some
> QNX-specific options.

You can also use QNX-supplied versions of these if you would like
(especially libcrypto/libssl). See notes on using system-installed
dependencies in odb/install-build2.xhtml.

> $ bpkg build libz
> libz-1.2.1100+1/build/root.build:6:7: error: cxx and c module target
> mismatch
>   info: cxx is 'aarch64-nto-qnx7.0.0'
>   info: c is 'aarch64-nto-qnx7.0.0'
>   info: consider explicitly specifying config.cxx and config.c

Yes, this is the same issue.

> I then run bpkg build libz again and everything compiles successfully, but
> it prints the following warning:
>
> $ bpkg build libz
> libz-1.2.1100+1/build/config.build: warning: saving previously inherited
> variable config.c

Hm, strange. This sequence of steps doesn't issue any warnings for me:

bpkg create -d conf cc config.cxx=g++ config.c=gcc
bpkg build -d conf libz at https://pkg.cppget.org/1/stable

> The actual quirk that would be nice to iron out is that if I try to set
> config.c and config.c.target when running bpkg create, bpkg drops it:
>
> qnx-aarch64-with-c/build/config.build: warning: dropping no longer used
> variable config.c

What is the exact sequence of steps to reproduce this? And this is using
build2 0.13.0, correct?