[odb-users] Schema Migration not working correctly

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Apr 30 09:32:53 EDT 2020

Tschoche.Jonas at ddv-mediengruppe.de <Tschoche.Jonas at ddv-mediengruppe.de> writes:

> Tody i rename a field on database. I increase the version and compiled
> and run it. But it throw a error that the table alredy exist.

You will need to be more specific and precise about what exactly you've
done. In fact, if you really did "rename a field on database" as you say,
then it would have had no effect on anything ODB-related (ODB sees changes
in C++ object model, not in databases).

So what you probably mean is that you have renamed a data member in a
class. Or maybe you have renamed the class itself. Without knowing
exactly what you've done it's hard to say what went wrong.

I suggest that you provide a small step-by-step test that reproduces
the problem. For each step provide the header file to compile and the
ODB command line to compile it.