[odb-users] ODB on Android

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Apr 14 06:02:45 EDT 2020

Wolfgang Haupt <haupt.wolfgang at gmail.com> writes:

> And I can cross-compile libodb and libodb-sqlite+libodb-mysql just fine.
>
> However I struggle to see how this will work together with the odb compiler.

You would normally use native ODB compiler for your development machine.
So if you are using x86-64 Linux to develop for ARM Android, then you
would run x86-64 Linux ODB compiler, generate the database support
source code (the source code is the same for all the platforms), then
compile that for ARM Android along with your other source code, and
finally link everything together with cross-compiled libodb*.

It may be possible to build a native ODB compiler for Android but we
haven't tried (you will most likely need to build GCC from scratch
with plugin support).