[odb-users] unable to map C++ type '::std::chrono::duration< double >'

Paul Stath PStath at jmawireless.com
Thu Sep 12 12:33:11 EDT 2019

Sorry, forgot to CC mailing list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Stath
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 12:31 PM
To: Monika Idzik <moni.idzik at gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [odb-users] unable to map C++ type '::std::chrono::duration< double >'

Hi Monika,

You should always include the definition for the class you are trying to map.  (If proprietary, then create a similar test class that exhibits the same problem.)

Firstly, do you really wish to store a std::chrono::duration attribute in your data object?
Normally, I would have a std::chrono::time_point attribute, since I want to store a point in time.

Are you really trying to store a time duration (difference between two timepoints)?

The second question is what time precision do you need in your data object?
If you only need 1 second precision, then I would suggest the following:

Use boost::posix_time::ptime as your timestamp variable and include the boost profile.

Make this a private class variable (timestamp_) and provide getter/setter class methods that allow you to get/set the attribute.
You can overload the setTimestamp() method to set the value of the timestamp attribute using whatever time/date datatype you need.
Getting the timestamp in different time/data datatypes would require multiple getter methods.

--- Paul