[odb-users] Inverse side of std::map with object pointer as key

Per Edin per.edin at sequence-point.se
Thu Oct 31 10:05:44 EDT 2019

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 3:33 PM Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:
> We actually did some work to allow using object pointers as map keys
> in this commit:
>
> https://git.codesynthesis.com/cgit/odb/odb/commit/?id=4c87055fbbf4b36224cc4003cc9ae38023390400
>
> Just to confirm you are using something reasonably recent from the
> 2.5.0 beta series, correct?
>
> If so, perhaps we didn't handle the inverse part of things. Feel free
> to dig around the code and suggest a fix/patch ;-).

I'm using version 2.5.0-b.15. The "object pointers as map key" feature
does work. It's the inverse that doesn't. The generated SQL looks at
the value column instead of the key column, which happened to run fine
since my value type was of integer type (long).

I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of ODB, but I can surely
have a look at it. :-)

// Per