[odb-users] Problems using ODB w/SQLite on Windows

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu May 30 11:25:28 EDT 2019

Syre, William <wsyre at harris.com> writes:

> H:\build2-build>curl -fLO --progress-bar --connect-timeout 60 --max-time 600 "https://download.build2.org/0.10.0/build2-mingw-0.10.0-x86_64-windows.tar.xz"
>
> curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
> More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html
>
> curl failed to verify the legitimacy of the server and therefore could not
> establish a secure connection to it. To learn more about this situation and
> how to fix it, please visit the web page mentioned above.

This is strange. I just tried the same, also on drive H:\, and it
works for me fine.

So far my only theory is that something (Windows Defender, your anti-
virus software, etc) is interfering with the installation (if you have
an excluded location for such cases, that would be a good place to try).

You can try this command line to confirm if this is a flaky or
persistent issue:

H:\build2-build>H:\build2\bin\curl -fLO https://download.build2.org/0.10.0/build2-mingw-0.10.0-x86_64-windows.tar.xz

FYI, the certificate bundle should be in

H:\build2\bin\ssl\certs\ca-bundle.crt

For 0.10.0 its size should be 242122 bytes.