[odb-users] Building ODB 2.4.0 on OpenSuSE Leap 15.0

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Mar 12 08:28:53 EDT 2019

Alexander Kuznetsov <admin at replaytrader.com> writes:

> I'm using OpenSuSE Leap 15.0 and GCC 7.3.1 or 8.2.1. Both compilers
> have been built from sources to include plugin support. Tried to
> compile odb on that system.
>
> Need help or any insight how to compile ODB on systems with GCC > 5.

The easiest way would be switch to the 2.5.0 pre-release using the new
setup as described here:

https://codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/install-build2.xhtml

This version is known to work with both GCC 7 and 8:

https://cppget.org/?builds=odb&cf=*linux*-gcc*

At this stage in the development cycle, it is as stable as 2.4.0,
we are using it ourselves in multiple projects, we have migrated
a number of users with very good results, and it is fully supported
(i.e., we provide the same level of support as for 2.4.0).

Let me know if there are any issues and thanks for re-posting
this in English.