[odb-users] Cannot use odb because of GCC error

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jun 10 08:01:52 EDT 2019

Патрушев Данил Андреевич <d.patrushev at prosoftsystems.ru> writes:

> Hi, we are facing a gcc internal compiler error when building under
> windows 10, Qt library involved. Here is the description of the bug
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=923214.  Odb was
> fetched from cppget.org and built with build2.  We are looking for
> a way to upgrade gcc that odb uses. A patch maybe?

This seems to have been fixed in GCC 8.4 (not yet released nor
packaged by MSYS2[1]) and 9.1.

After the upcoming 0.11.0 release of build2 (tomorrow, if all goes
well), we will upgrade the next development series to GCC 9.1 at
which point you can try build2 and ODB from stage[2] (you should
also be able to take new baseutils/mingw packages and use them
with the released version but that will require manual build2
installation[3]).

[1] http://repo.msys2.org/mingw/x86_64/
[2] https://build2.org/community.xhtml#stage
[3] https://build2.org/build2-toolchain/doc/build2-toolchain-install.xhtml