[odb-users] odb build error: g++ does not support plugins

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jul 29 09:17:30 EDT 2019

G G <gregs_ymb at yahoo.com> writes:

> I try to build odb by mingw 32bit ( Windows 10 64bit ):
>
> [...]
>
> D:\build2\odb-build\odb-mingw>g++ --version
> g++ (i686-posix-dwarf-rev0, Built by MinGW-W64 project) 7.3.0

ODB needs GCC with plugin support. We make sure plugin support is
enable in MinGW GCC that is supplied with build2 (in the build2-mingw
package, though since build2 version 0.10.0 it is 64-bit only). Also,
since GCC version 9.1, the MSYS2 project started building their MinGW
GCC with plugins enabled.

So I would recommend that you use build2-mingw if you can (since that
is the version we test ODB with) or, if you must use the 32-bit version
for some reason, try GCC 9.1.