[odb-users] Change-tracking map, list and set containers

ALAIN MARI alain.mari at se.com
Mon Jan 14 11:04:14 EST 2019

Hello !

We are currently evaluating odb (either with SQlite or MSSQL as backend) as a replacement of our object database for our software in Schneider Electric.
We started to make many small examples that work really fine. But our main concern is performances !

In particular, we have many classes with huge std::map containers inside.
I saw in the SQL execution plan that an update of such a class required the full rebuilt of the entire jointure table in SQL db.

Is there some kind of change-tracking or smart map container in a future version of ODB (same as vector) ?
A request had been made in 2014 but apparently not followed up.

We mainly use std::vector, std::map, std::list and std::set in our software, but std::map and std::list are the most urgent.

Best regards.

Alain.