[odb-users] Visual Studio 2017 - LNK1104 cannot open file 'odb-mysql-d.lib' for Hello World

Allan Head aheadsoftwaredeveloper at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 23:07:47 EDT 2019

OS:  Win 10 Pro Build 17763 ver 1809
ODB Version:  2.5.0-b.13
Examples File:  odb-examples-2.4.0.zip

After following the Build2 installation instructions, I cannot seem to get
the Hello World example to work.  I opened the hello-mysql-vc12 project and
upgraded it to vc141.  The program compiles, but during the build it
generates the error LINK:  fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'odb-mysql-d.lib'.  I do not have an 'odb-mysql-d.lib' file, but I do have
an odb-mysql.lib file and an odb-mysql.dll.lib file.

Should the odb-example-2.4.0 work under ODB 2.5.0-b.13 or am I trying to do
the impossible?

Allan