[odb-users] CMake/autotools/meson support in release

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Apr 26 11:08:47 EDT 2019

noah.sk <noah.sk at protonmail.ch> writes:

> Unfortunately, we are limited to use build tools like CMake, autotools
> or meson to make own build of ODB.
>
> Do you plan to continue support only build2?

Yes, currently we only plan to support build2 as a way to build ODB
(which is not to say that you cannot use other build systems for your
own project that use ODB).

Note also that quite a few (also initially skeptical) users have
successfully integrated a build2-based ODB build into their setup.
The fact that build2 is dependency-free (all you need is a C++
compiler) and can easily be invoked from other build systems makes
this fairly straightforward. So maybe give it a try?

https://codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/install-build2.xhtml