[odb-users] compiler seg fault with g++8 on Debian Buster/Testing

Sean Clarke sean.clarke at sec-consulting.co.uk
Sun Oct 21 12:49:59 EDT 2018

Hi,
   I've started testing against the Debian testing release and believe ODB
is broken against g++8. When I instigate teh odb compiler to generate the
odb.cxx files I get:

*** WARNING *** there are active plugins, do not report this as a bug unless
you can reproduce it without enabling any plugins.
Event                            | Plugins
PLUGIN_START_UNIT                | odb
PLUGIN_PRAGMAS                   | odb
PLUGIN_OVERRIDE_GATE             | odb
during GIMPLE pass: *warn_unused_result
In file included from /usr/include/odb/container-traits.hxx:217,
                 from <standard-odb-epilogue>:9:
/usr/include/odb/std-unordered-set-traits.hxx: In function ‘void
__static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int)’:
/usr/include/odb/std-unordered-set-traits.hxx:122:1: internal compiler
error: Segmentation fault
 }
 ^
Please submit a full bug report,
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-8/README.Bugs> for instructions.

Even when I install g++6 I still can't get ODB usable on the platform.

Regards
Sean Clarke