[odb-users] Help need with build issue

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Oct 17 05:03:04 EDT 2018

Alain-Serge Nagni <asnagni at yahoo.com> writes:

> [...] when I try to build the odb package using build2, by using the
> command provided in the guide:
>
>     bpkg create -d odb-gcc-6 cc       \
>       config.cxx=g++                  \
>       config.cc.coptions=-O3          \
>       config.bin.rpath=/usr/local/lib \
>       config.install.root=/usr/local  \
>       config.install.sudo=sudo
>
> I will have an error. This is the error that I have:
>
> error: `create' is not a bpkg command.
>
> Did you mean one of these?
>      $ bpkg getdeps
>      $ bpkg init
>      $ bpkg install
>      $ bpkg json
>      $ bpkg list
>      $ bpkg package
>      $ bpkg show
>      $ bpkg suggest
>      $ bpkg term
>      $ bpkg update
>      $ bpkg utils

Looks like you have another executable called 'bpkg' in your path
(most likely this[1]). Try running:

$ which bpkg
$ bpkg --version

If you installed build2 into /usr/local (which is the default),
then you should be able to fix this by adding /usr/local/bin to
the beginning of your PATH:

$ export PATH="/usr/local/bin:$PATH"

Of course, an even simpler fix is to uninstall the other bpkg if
you don't need it.

[1] https://github.com/bpkg/bpkg