[odb-users] How to separate code in several dynamic libraries

francois cellier f_cellier at yahoo.fr
Wed May 23 12:16:14 EDT 2018

Hello,

On my project, I need to have binary code separated in several dynamic libraries  regarding some criterion.
In each library I have classes with specific odb pragma annotations. However there are some dependancies between the libraries. For example let's say that libA depends on libB.

I succeeded into generating the schema for my complete model (libA and libB) in one sql file and that is fine.
I also succeeded to generate the  *.ixx, *.hxx and *.cxx files for the libB as it has no dependencies on external (to libB) classes that have odb pragma annotations.

However I have trouble to generate the   *.ixx, *.hxx and *.cxx files of the libA. I always have in the generated code of the libB classes and I would like to have only the code of the libA classes.
The solution proposed here : https://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/odb-users/2015-October/002911.html does not seem to work for me.
Even if I do not set the "definition" annotation, the code for the classes in libB is generated.

Do you have any idea of how it should be done ?

Thanks for your help,
François