[odb-users] New Release 2.5.0 features

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jan 5 08:35:36 EST 2018

Alain-SergeNagni <asnagni at yahoo.com> writes:

> Do you have a list of the new features you are planing for the next
> release 2.5 .0 ? Where could we have that list?

It's in the usual place, the NEWS file in the ODB compiler:

https://git.codesynthesis.com/cgit/odb/odb/tree/NEWS

> Will it be possible to query containers as data members (e.g.: vector) ?

This feature is on our TODO though it is very complex so I don't think
it will make it into this release.

> Would you have additional containers change-tracking for performance
> improvement?

Not likely.

Change-tracking containers are not exactly trivial to implement,
especially if you want to do this efficiently. On the other hand,
if you make some application-specific assumptions (e.g., elements
are never removed) or accept some inefficiency, then an application-
specific implementation can be provided relatively easily. I suggest
that you study the ODB's implementation of vector to get a sense.