[odb-users] No gcc-plugin support

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Aug 28 14:36:22 EDT 2018

Thomas BAUDIER <thomas.baudier at creatis.insa-lyon.fr> writes:

> I wanted to install odb using build2
> (https://codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/install-build2.xhtml#linux). I
> use OpenSuse LEAP 15 but the gcc-plugin-devel is not available for this
> platform.

Yes, last time I've heard SUSE was disabling support for plugins in
their build of GCC.

> How can install latest odb version without gcc-plugin support?

You can't. The ODB compiler relies on GCC plugin support for parsing
C++ code. Going forward, your options seem to be (1) to check if maybe
SUSE (or someone else) provides a build of GCC with plugins enabled or
(2) build GCC from source yourself (it's actually not that hard).