[odb-users] Network speed issue

Gilles Bene gilles.benepougoue at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 12:55:06 EDT 2017

Hi . Am using odb 2.4.0 with the Qt profile for my app to access a
PostgreSQL  database on a Wireless LAN  of 7MiB/s speed. When accessing the
database, through

QSharedPointer<odb::database> db {new  odb::pgsql::database(
        "user",
        "pwd",
        "odb_db",
        "128.138.240.2",
        5430)};

I notice that the data transfert speed is maximum 50KiB/s, average is
22KiB/s. Which is very slow. When I access the data base directly with Qt
SQL database support

(QSqlDatabase db =  QSqlDatabase::addDatabase("QPSQL"); ...) ,

the speed is on average 5MiB/s and the app performs very well. But I would
like to access my database through odb mecanism . What could be the reason
for this low speed please? Has anyone incountered such issue?

Please help