[odb-users] Create a foreign key constrain to a unique column of other table

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Sep 15 08:05:21 EDT 2017

Vassilios Kountouriotis <b.kountouriotis at gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, that would be my final "solution" but I would be giving up a part of
> what makes ODB magical: its support for schema evolution...

I am confused: if you have a custom schema and are not relying on ODB to
generate it, then I don't see how you could rely on ODB's schema evolution
support.

Or are you trying to make ODB generate identical (to your custom) schema
and then use that as a strating point for any future changes?

> Might I suggest you consider such a feature for future releases? It would
> be really nice if we could specify constraints with pragmas as we can with
> the indexes...

Perhaps there is already a mechanism that will allow you to achieve this:
column options. See Section 14.4.8 for details.