[odb-users] Re: when running odb compiler get error "#error libodb-mysql header... THANKS, unfortunately now "internal compiler error: Bus error"

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Oct 25 09:07:59 EDT 2017

Richard Topolewski <topolewr at cooley.edu> writes:

> Now it "compiles" without error but it does not generate any real code,
> just stub code with no data members (aka fields).

My first two ideas:

1. None or your classes are marked as persistent.

2. You are compiling a header that only included other headers (see
   the --at-once ODB compiler option).

Generally, though, the approach I would recommend is to start with
once of the example that come with ODB and see if you observe the
same problem. If not, then try to understand what's different
between your code and then example. Predictably, we cannot fix
every mistake in your code for you.

> I turned on --trace and the compile end with the following [...]

This is an unrelated issue that we have already fixed. --trace is
generally not useful for this kind of investigation.