[odb-users] [Feature request] ODB should support CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS for SQLite (and, preferably, for other drivers)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed May 31 11:11:00 EDT 2017

Hi,

aongeeno at openmailbox.org <aongeeno at openmailbox.org> writes:

> Much better will be use supported feature CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS.

This is not supported by all databases/versions. We could implement
this for those that support it but we will soon have another problem:
what if the table exists but from some older version of our application?
To solve this you can use ODB's database schema evolution support (Chapter
13) which also takes care of properly detecting whether the schema does
not yet exist.