[odb-users] Using prefetch with Oracle

Marco Craveiro marco.craveiro at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 15:43:24 EDT 2017

Hi Boris,

Ok at long last I've finished my series of posts ([1], [2]); I can now
reproduce the problems I was having in production locally, so I can
finally start working on the ODB patch.

> Good stuff. I need to setup an Oracle 11 VM soon. Now I know which guide
> I will use ;-).

Actually, if you just want to build a Linux Oracle 11 VM, you don't
need to read all of that stuff :-) my recommendations:

1. Use a RPM based distribution such as CentOS or Fedora. This will
greatly simplify your life (the articles explain how to install the
RPMs on Debian).
2. Install just the Oracle Express package as per part I [3]. You need
that one package - I was confused and downloaded lots of other
packages, but actually you don't need to do all of that.
3. Run the oracle env script to ensure you have all of the directories
in the path, and set your includes and libs accordingly. It will also
place SQL Plus on the path.

That's pretty much it. Any problems let me know as it's still fresh in
my mind, so I may be able to help.

Cheers
--
Marco Craveiro

MD, Domain Driven Consulting
about: http://about.me/marcocraveiro
blog: http://mcraveiro.blogspot.co.uk
twitter: https://twitter.com/MarcoCraveiro

That the Ideas are themselves manifestations (of the Idea-Idea) and
that the Idea-Idea is a-kind-of Manifestation-Idea—which is a-kind-of
itself, so that the system is completely self-describing— would have
been appreciated by Plato as an extremely practical joke [Plato]. --
Alan Key

[1] http://mcraveiro.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/nerd-food-northwind-or-using-dogen-with.html
[2] http://mcraveiro.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/nerd-food-northwind-or-using-dogen-with_25.html
[3] http://mcraveiro.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/nerd-food-northwind-or-using-dogen-with.html