[odb-users] collection mapping error

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Mar 8 08:50:23 EST 2017

Hi Christian,

c.sell at byterefinery.de <c.sell at byterefinery.de> writes:

> so, I've done my reading, for the record.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

> the fact that the exception states "object already persistent" rather than
> "constraint violation" remains misleading.

The reason for it is described in Subsection 18.5.4, "Constraint Violations"
of Section 18.5, "SQLite Limitations". Generally, it makes sense to read
through that whole section for every database that one is using.

> Apart from the above, the more I read into ODB, the more impressed I am.
> Beautiful software, very capable and quite well documented. I wrote a pretty
> complete O/R mapper for Smalltalk almost 20 years ago and know the Java
> bunch (Hibernate, JPA). So I feel I can make that statement (and some
> others)

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words.

BTW, a pre-release build for Windows is available here:

http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/odb/pre-release/a11/