[odb-users] Question about supported compilers (Visual Studio 2015)

Marco Craveiro marco.craveiro at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 03:22:53 EST 2017

Hi,

>> The page "Supported Platforms and C++ Compilers" does not list Visual
>> Studio 2015. Can I still use ODB technology, if our solution is
>> entirely a VS 2015 solution or are there problems to expect?
>
> No, it should work. I believe quite a few people are using ODB with
> VS 2015 by simply converting the solution for the previous version.
>
> We will also add official support for VS 2015 (and 2017) in the
> next release, which should be out "real soon now" (famous last
> words, I know).

For what it's worth, I used ODB against 2015 with Oracle and I did
exactly what Boris suggests there and it worked fine.

Cheers
--
Marco Craveiro

MD, Domain Driven Consulting
about: http://about.me/marcocraveiro
blog: http://mcraveiro.blogspot.co.uk
twitter: https://twitter.com/MarcoCraveiro

That the Ideas are themselves manifestations (of the Idea-Idea) and
that the Idea-Idea is a-kind-of Manifestation-Idea—which is a-kind-of
itself, so that the system is completely self-describing— would have
been appreciated by Plato as an extremely practical joke [Plato]. --
Alan Key